Harrington’s Mineral Water
Harrington’s Mineral Water Co. Ltd was established in Rochford in 1850 and some years later the factory was moved to Clarence Road, Southend, then a small factory was built in the large garden at the back of 103 and 105 London Road, Southend. In the year 1900 Mr Charles Cockerell, who came from London, bought the business and made it a private company. In 1929 Charles was living in the Red Cottage, Colbert Avenue, Thorpe bay. Between 1900 and 1949 the business premises was enlarged three times. The last editions in 1949 provided up to date accommodation for both male and female staff with rest rooms, hot and cold running water for washing, etc., and full cooking facilities. By 1949 the business was under the direct control and management of Mr Kenneth G. Cockerell, son of Charles Cockerell. Kenneth was born in 1893 Hackney and married Majorie C. Lowe in Rochford in 1922, they had two children. In 1961 Kenneth was living at 4 Hall Park Avenue, Westcliff. By the middle 1960s Harringtons had ceased trading. Marjorie died in 1970 and Kenneth died in Southend in 1975, he was 82 years old.
Southend-on-Sea
Harringtons Advert
Harringtons Advert
Harringtons Glass Bottle

Southend Timeline Southend-on-Sea © 2009 - 2021. All Rights Reserved

Website Info:
IMELINE
T
OUTHEND
S
SOUTHEND TIMELINE
Southend’s No 1 History Website! Documenting The Town & The Townspeople Now Incorporating the Sea of Change Website
The New